As the only experimental film festival in New England, H.E.F.F. proudly returns to Haverhill, Massachusetts for a fifth consecutive year. We welcome the abstract, the riveting, the beautiful, the rugged, the emotional, the bold, the raw. We welcome films that tear through tradition and break boundaries with finesse. Most of all, we welcome your idea of experimental.
H.E.F.F. #5 will be a three day experimental film extravaganza taking place the weekend of June 16-18, 2017. For the 2017 festival, H.E.F.F. will be projecting 40-50 films and videos.
Take a look at our 2016 list of films in competition to see what we're all about: www.haverhillexperimental.org/blank
Awards & Prizes
A total of seven awards will be handed out. The top three films of the festival will be chosen by two jurors and awarded a cash prize. Both jurors will also select two honorable mentions each.
But then again, awards vary greatly from year to year depending on the jurors and their discretions. So! with that said, it's all up in the air.
Rules & Terms
- 40-50 films will be chosen to fit five competitive screenings that will debut June 16-18, 2017.
- Pre-screening only online this year. We will not be accepting DVDs!
- Exhibition format includes Super 8mm, 16mm, Quicktime File.
- Only accepting films/videos completed after December 31st, 2013.
- Max runtime is 30 minutes.
- Regular deadline February 1, 2017 (submit for $15/entry).
- Late deadline March 1, 2017 (submit for $20/entry).
- Notification date April 1, 2017.
- Festival takes place June 16-18, 2017.
Film Freeway: https://filmfreeway.com/festival/HaverhillExperimental
Google Submission Form: http://goo.gl/S2VyLR
If you have any questions, please email [email protected].