Albert Alcoz (Barcelona, 1979) is a filmmaker, writer, teacher and programmer of experimental film and videocreation. PhD in Communication from Pompeu Fabra University in Barcelona, with a doctoral thesis on sound and structural cinema (2016). Graduate in Fine Arts by the University of Barcelona and Master of Documentary Cinema of Creation by the University Pompeu Fabra. Since 2005 he has made films in super 8, 16mm format and video that investigate the nature of moving image, using the cinematographic medium from a visual and sound perspective that refers to the tradition of avant-garde cinema, videocreation and music video.
Some of his works are distributed by HAMACA, are part of the Archive of Xcèntric and are available on the website PLAT.TV. He has just published the book Filmic Resonances. Sound in Structural Cinema (1960-1981), edited by Shangrila Textos Aparte.
- Time to Search (2013, video HD, color, sound, 27 min.)
- Home movie holes (2009, 8mm/video, color, sound, 3 min.)
- Definición (2013, 16mm, b/n, silent, 2 min.)
- Indefinición (2015, 16 mm, optical sound, 2 min.)
- Enfoque natural (2012, super 8, b/n, silent, 3 min)
- Espectro cromático (2015, super 8, color, silent, 3 min)
- Triple exposición (2013, super 8, b/n, silent, 10 min.)